Sunday, October 18, 2009

Saturday night fever

It was a Saturday night and d most perfect time to relax after the long-hours of working for five days continuously. Truth to be told, I love the on-going lifestyle at night which has lots of exciting activities. Penang is definitely a happening place.

My Uncle gave me the chance to see and experience it in just one night. We went to Soho Free House for a drink, together with a 19 year old German girl. We exchanged stories about ourselves and it made me realized how different are we as typical Asians, compared to the Westerns in terms of exposure. Lets see, she drinks, she smokes, she party, she has a boyfriend and she travels all by herself to Penang. If I were to be like her, I'll be in a hot soup!! Obviously, I was the only one who didn't know how to drink and smoke, so I settled myself with a glass of orange juice. Plus, I inhaled too much smoke from them. *Cough*

The string of retro hits were belted out here in Soho. Music was loud and piercing. It went boom-boom-pow!! It was actually fun to see people coupled up and danced along to the music. Most of them were foreigners and some locals. Everyone seemed to be having a great time, laughing like a drain and getting themselves drunk. I was actually enjoying myself until a fight happened next to my table among the Indians. They tend to get rowdy when they are drunk. Broken glasses, fallen chairs and tables. Almost got myself knocked by them. So, we moved upstairs where it was less 'wild'. Witnessing all that drama gave me a culture shock. I doubt I will ever go to such places without a company.

After some chit-chatting, we left home past midnight and I came home with the smell of smoke and beer, on my hair and clothes, bugger. Then I drifted off to sleep as soon as I was on my bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment