I did something stupid. One of the stupidest things I've ever done.
I went out for lunch with family. Walked along the stalls, thinking of what to eat, and finally decided to eat roti bak hu. I spoke to the man in Malay language but he answered me in Hokkien. He seriously looked like a Malay or maybe an Indonesian due to his dark skin complexion. So, I spoke to him in Hokkien.
On second thought, I wanted to extra order another bread with a different ingredient. So I ordered bak kua roti, but instead of that, I asked for a tau kua. I felt a sudden hot flush on my cheeks. Maybe the seller heard what I said, which I hope he didn't. Have I been eating tau kua too much? Then I paid, took my breads, went over to my table where my family was sitting, told them what happened and they laughed at my silliness. Not long after that, my dad also went to order roti bak kua. When he returned, he told us he ordered a tau kua! Why? He said because the word tau kua was stucked in his head. Hahahaha! I couldn't stop laughing. I mentioned it not long ago before he went but he did the same mistake like I did.
No comments:
Post a Comment