Saturday, July 4, 2009

Malaysia's Cuisine

I'm thankful to be living in a country with great variety of food to eat. Food from different cultures, be it Malay, Indian or Chinese. When I come right down to it, food is the first thing that comes to mind the minute when people ask "Why do you love Penang?". There are more to it. Taking into account of convenience - being able to travel from one place to another within a short period of time and to obtain our necessary needs just within a walking distance.

Seriously! I couldn't imagine myself living in KL for that matter. It's sooo congested. It takes almost an hour drive from Shah Alam to KLCC. The food is undeniably a big-ticket! No doubt, the shopping mall acts like a magnet, which draws people to KL. Certainly a place for big spenders.

I've been feeding on mamak food for the passed two days. There's a place famous for its nasi kandar which is known as Line Clear. (It's called Line Clear perhaps 'coz the line is clear??). And when you put teh tarik and nasi kandar together, it will be utterly perfect! Apparently, there's also Nasi Beratur. The queue is long whereby you have to wait in line for your turn to make orders. That's where the name came from. I also came across Oblong burger because the burger is oblong in shape.

Their names are simply bizarre, don't they?

No comments:

Post a Comment